Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday is Almost Here. Who Survives?
(12-27-2019, 10:58 PM)samhain Wrote: IDK if I'd go as far as to say through next season.  If they are all brought back and continue to be awful, I think you see someone, maybe even Taylor, axed at the bye week.  

They are in a screwed up situation IMO.  They hired a new HC without committing to a rebuild.  They thought that they were going all in for a winning season with the remnants of the 2015 roster.  That's real dumb, but they repeatedly say that they believed they were a good team.  

Now they have a first overall pick and a likely vacancy at quarterback with the burden of a second year HC hanging around their necks.  What's worse is that he had the worst first year of any HC in franchise history.  Now they have to trust a guy that has demonstrated his ineptitude for a season.  Maybe they see this as growing pains for Zac.  The idea that he may not be the man for the job has to be nagging them at least a bit.  

If he is indeed what we've seen him as over the last season, then you're looking at having to fire a HC while developing a first overall pick franchise quarterback, ie the most important player on the team for the next decade.  Not ideal, really.  

The inbreds need to get this offseason right to avoid making this team into more of a shit show than it already is.  If that means firing Taylor and bringing in someone with experience to acclimate Burrow, then so be it.  Unlikely, though.

My guess is Zac is ok for a while, as long as he follows Marvin's lead of "the Bengals are a family business first,football team second."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread