Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday is Almost Here. Who Survives?
(12-30-2019, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they go the route of only changing out one (1) position coach, I lobby for it to be the DBs coach.  There are entirely too many top level athletic talents in the DBs room, for them be be looking as disconnected as they have.  Granted, they don't have a dominate personality like a Reggie Nelson, Adam Jones, Terrance Newman, Chris Crocker, etc., on this current team.  That is why they need a position coach who can inspire one of those guys that are on the team to step forward, and assume that role.

I guess that for years, we were spoiled by the on the field leadership demonstrated by intense personalities like Reggie Nelson, Vontaze Burfict, and Domata Peko, and just didn't realize some of the things they did that never showed up on any stat sheet.

That's both sides of the ball... Mixon is the closest thing we have to a vocal leader, and that's important. 5 years ago we had several of them... Peko, Whit, Newman, Pacman, Tez. Granted the last 2 were loose cannons, but still... We don't have that right now, and it shows.

Hopefully Burrow has it in him to be that. I remember reading that when Andrew Luck took the field for the first time in the preseason, the first words outta his mouth in the huddle were "Everybody shut the **** up...". He then threw a TD on his first snap. We need that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Monday is Almost Here. Who Survives? - jason - 12-30-2019, 10:04 PM