Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-02-2020, 09:11 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: No

Do you consider Carson Palmer a success?
Akili?
Klingler?
Jack Thompson?
Greg Cook was good but he didn't last long.

1st round QBs don't do well in Cincinnati for some reason. Dalton and Boomer were 2nd rounders and Anderson was a 3rd. Palmer had two winning seasons and one of those was after they switched to a run first offense in 2009. Ignore it all you want.

I was s big Palmer fan, so yes I think he was a good QB for us. Palmer and Chad, and that offense reignited my interest in the Bengals after many years of indifference. Who knows how things would have gone if he hadn’t of gotten injured. Was it a success? You mentioned Dalton as a success but he has the exact same amount of playoff wins as a Bengal as Palmer.

But it’s obvious that anything Joe Burrow has done (might do), this thread, or anything else is not going to convince you or the very few that are still against taking the QB that trading the pick would be a mistake. You’re just too dug in. I thought that insane performance in the college playoffs would put a rest to the debate, but people will always surprise you I suppose...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Nicomo Cosca - 01-02-2020, 09:32 AM