Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-02-2020, 02:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We missed out on our guy we really wanted in Frank Ragnow, and ended up with Billy Price. Who is honestly in the running with Ross and Ogbuehi and our biggest bust in recent memory. There is no guarantee trading back will work out.

It’s inconceivable to me that I’m still seeing people talking about trading the #1OA at this point. I’d maybe understand if we were set with a young franchise QB already, and there was no unanimous #1 pick, but it couldn’t have worked out any better for us to finally bottom out in a year with a stud QB prospect coming out.

Please stop overthinking it so much. There’s no reason to get cute. Just make obvious choice and draft Joe Burrow. Period.

/end rant

Some may say I'm giving Ross too much credit, but I think Ross has done better than Price from a performance standpoint when on the field.
PFF agrees with me, giving the following rates to each over the past two years:

Ross:
2018 - 49.4 (50.6 receiving, 52.1 rushing)
2019 - 63.0 (64.2 receiving, 47.0 rushing)

Price:
2018 - 49.4 (66.0 pass block, 48.9 run block)
2019 - 41.8 (26.1 pass block, 53.9 run block)

With that said, Ross was overdrafted at 9 overall and Price was overdrafted at 21 overall. The Bengals should have traded back some if they really wanted them. But they panicked on both Ross and Price because other players at those positions went sooner than they expected.

For as frustrating as this organization has been, they haven't selected 1st overall since 2003, so it could be a REALLY long time since they get this opportunity again. Take advantage of getting your choice of player without having to spend draft capital to do so.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - ochocincos - 01-02-2020, 11:09 AM