Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-02-2020, 02:32 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Which positions are strengths for the team?  My short list
1.  RB
2.  Pass catchers
3.  DE/DT
4.  Kicking

Which are mediocre?
1. DB's/Safeties
2. Center

Which are putrid?
1. LB
2. Oline

Lets say the Bengals do a trade with Miami and take all of Miami's three first round selections plus another 1st rnd pick next year, could they fix the putrid during Day 1?  Absolutely as they start with pick #5 and that could net a RT and the other two picks net a LB, guard or DB's/Safeties. 
So improved and allows FA to address the mediocre positions of which there are 4 or 5.  The Bengals still have the nbr 33 pick so a first round quality pick to go with 3 picks on day 1.
Go into 2021 with Dalton and potentially a significantly improved team which played the toughest schedule in the NFL this season.  Dalton has won a lot of games with a quality Oline hasn't he?

What if they stand pat could they still address the putrid?  Obviously QB does nothing for LB but could help the Oline with faster release and quicker decision making.  Top of round 2, pick 33, could definitely address LB or Oline but position wise almost as good as Miami's 25th pick.  LB looks to be a weak position in the draft but not Oline.  So by pick 33 the Bengals could have an elite QB and a better Oline with Jonah coming out as a rookie to join the nbr 33 pick.    FA is then out there to address putrid LB and Oline, same as the first scenario.

I'm kinda of hoping the Browns talk to Miami.

Is it worth it for the Bengals to make a trade with Miami?  

Do you really think Miami makes that trade? I don't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - PhilHos - 01-02-2020, 03:51 PM