Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-03-2020, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does Carson Palmer ring any bells? You know...the guy that helped bring us back from being a total laughing stock and helped turn us into a contender?

Actually Palmer's first year Kitna led us back to contender first by going 8-8 while Palmer learned and held a damn clipboard.

And the team was improved by the time Palmer took his first snaps, had a good O-line and some weapons to play with.

Burrow, has no Kitna, since Dalton will be gone. The O-line is just a train wreck (the O-line he has in LSU won the award for nation's best O-line, going from that to 32 of 32 will be a culture shock.)

I think Green will leave, that means you have Mixon (Elite), Boyd (Near elite) and ......Tate??? Solid but a possession guy, Ross who sucks, and can't stay healthy? 

I just don't get the hype. The guy is a one year wonder who had Joe Brady coach him up, who will do that here??? Who protects him, who does he throw too?

Reality is, the Bengals will not be active in Free agency so the only upgrades will be in the draft. The 1st 3 picks are guys you can count on to come in year one maybe and contribute. 

You are wasting one on Burrow, so be it.

That leaves round 2 and round 3 to fix LB, O-line, replace A.J. Green, not sure how you plan to do all that with 2 picks. 

Not too mention, the draft class next year has several QBs coming out that I'd take over Burrow.

Build the team, let some vet QB take the lumps this year, and get your franchise QB in the following draft.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Murdock2420 - 01-03-2020, 03:32 AM