Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-03-2020, 04:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So just for fun, I want to ask this question.

Everyone is so sold on this guy who was mediocre at best as a Junior, got some new coaches in there and a new system and now he is setting the world on fire.

What happens when Cincy takes him #1 overall, doesn't do anything in Free Agency (let's face it, they won't), keeps all the same coaches (cause...they will) and ends up with the worst record again in the following year? 

Are you trading the #1 overall pick with Lawrence sitting there a year after drafting Burrow? 

This team is not close, this season should show that. There is a real good chance we pick #1 again in the 2021 draft. 

We might not be “close” if you’re referring to being a contender and making the playoffs, but I don’t think we’re that far away either. We just won 6 games in 2018.

We were in a lot of close games this season. You add a QB like Burrow, and a LT like Jonah Willams (remember, we were starting our 4th and 5th options at LT this season). The running game has already shown signs of improving, as has our pass rush.

We’ll have money to spend from cutting Dalton, or at the very least an extra pick for him, maybe similar situation with AJ. Our schedule won’t be as hard next season. I can go on and on why I think think we’ll be at least slightly better.

I just don’t see us getting the 1st pick again. Cleveland is about the only franchise bad enough to have back-to-back 1st picks in the modern era.

I’m not passing on a stud QB prospect who’s making history, and tearing literally everyone apart, for something that’s completely out of our control. Can’t base our 2020 1st round draft pick on hypothetical 2021 scenarios.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Nicomo Cosca - 01-03-2020, 04:20 AM