Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-03-2020, 04:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We might not be “close” if you’re referring to being a contender and making the playoffs, but I don’t think we’re that far away either. We just won 6 games in 2018.

We were in a lot of close games this season. You add a QB like Burrow, and a LT like Jonah Willams (remember, we were starting our 4th and 5th options at LT this season). The running game has already shown signs of improving, as has our pass rush.

We’ll have money to spend from cutting Dalton, or at the very least an extra pick for him, maybe similar situation with AJ. Our schedule won’t be as hard next season. I can go on and on why I think think we’ll be at least slightly better.

I just don’t see us getting the 1st pick again. Cleveland is about the only franchise bad enough to have back-to-back 1st picks in the modern era.

I’m not passing on a stud QB prospect who’s making history, and tearing literally everyone apart, for something that’s completely out of our control. Can’t base our 2020 1st round draft pick on hypothetical 2021 scenarios.

Are you new to this franchise? Having money to spend means nothing when you sign B.W. Webb and Bobby Hart. Mike Brown isn't going to magically wake up and decide to do things different after all these years.

Cool, we get Jonah back, still have Bobby Hart at RT, we have a C, but then what? Price at guard, was horrible, Jordan was hit or miss, Jonah fixes one spot, still have 3 holes and 2 picks.

I do see us getting back to back #1 picks. Especially if A.J. and Andy are both gone. Burrow might be good, but I asked earlier, who is he throwing to after Boyd?

And still, I want to know, if you draft Burrow and end up 2-14 again next year do you pass on Lawrence who is even better because you took Burrow? You won't get the trade capital for a player as you will for a pick (see Josh Rosen).

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - Murdock2420 - 01-03-2020, 04:27 AM