Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-05-2020, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good post, Muskies. I completely agree. It’s not even that I want to continually knock Dalton, I just want to look to the future, and be excited about Burrow right now. Unfortunately there are some that feel the need to make that hard around here. A lot of the big Dalton guys are all on board with Burrow though. We don’t get much to look forward to as Bengals fans, but we should all encouraged about this kid. These young QB’s are having more success early than any other time I can remember since I’ve been watching the NFL.

I'm excited about Burrow as well. The game is ever evolving and you're right, these young QBs seem to come in more ready and start hitting their stride sooner than QBs used to.

My main concerns fall at the feet of The Family. If we trade or cut Dalton, that brings our available cap up to around $69.5m. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if that includes Hopkins new cap hit or not. That's a lot of money to be able to help the team. While I want to re-sign some of our own, I don't want to give them undeserved contracts like Gio, Hart, or Webb. We should be able to pick up a couple of upgrades in free agency while keeping or own, paying for the draft, having an injury contingency, and everything else.

If they actually makes moves to improve the team and add Burrow, next year could be a lot better than the last couple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last time we traded back in the 1st... - muskiesfan - 01-05-2020, 07:49 PM