Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-28-2015, 07:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm not religious, and I oppose abortions as well.
Scientifically speaking Life is life.
Call it an embryo, blob of cells or whatever you like (and try to dehumanize it as much as you can).
It's part of the life cycle of a human and you are still killing a human being when you abort.

Now before you go off on the deep end. I'm ok with abortions if you were raped, or there is a good chance of either the mother or the child (or both) dying from birth complications, I would even concede birth defects.

We agree on the abortion issue.  Although I am not at all at ease with using it due to birth defects.  I suppose it depends on the severity of the defect.  But I have always maintained that the choice to abort is a deeply personal and troubling one for a woman to make with or without a husband or boyfriend involved also.  Which is why I fall on the side of opposing it...but understand why it is legal and needs to be available in the cleanest, healthiest way possible.

I do take issue with your definition of "life" though.  Using that a tumor is also "life".  But I agree otherwise.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - GMDino - 05-29-2015, 11:48 AM