Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players
(01-25-2020, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clearly Dalton should be traded.  But I am talking abvout the people saying we should get rid of Kirkpatrick, Dunlap, Atkins, Bernard, and Glenn.

Some of those guys may be overpaid, but not by a lot when you look at replacing with equal value on the free agent market.  And some people act like every free agent signing is a guaranteed success when the truth is many of them flop with their new team.

You all know I think the Bengals need to be more active in free agency.  I just think it is a bad idea to cut a bunch of players and try to replace them with free agents.  It doesn't do you much good to save 25% on salary if you miss on 25% of your free agent signings.  Free agents are not as big of a gamble as draft picks but all Bengal fans know how easy it is for an expensive free agent to be a bust.

Well of the players you mentioned, Dalton should go, Kirkpatrick should go, Dunlap should stay, Atkins should stay, Bernard should go, and if Glenn doesn't want to be here he should go. It seemed to me the defense played better without Dre, and Darius Phillips stepped it up late in the season. I like Gio, but other younger players can get the same or better production at a lower price, running back is one of the easier positions to replace in the NFL. Dunlap and Atkins are still better than what the Bengals could get signing FA's to replace them. Cordy Glenn did seem to be productive when he did finally play; Zac needs to see if he has a desire to play here or not, we don't need a repeat of 2019.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players - BrownAssClown - 01-25-2020, 07:36 PM