Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 11:39 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Like Dalton was screwed? Was he not set up to win when he went to the playoffs 5 straight times as an average QB on a good team? He had a good OL, good RBs, good WRs and a good defense. I cant buy into the narrative that can we cant build a team around a QB after going to the playoffs 5 out of the last 9 years with a QB like Andy Dalton. An elite QB could've easily had at least one of those teams in the SB. Give me a Drew Brees or someone like that in 2015 over Dalton/McCarron, and we handily beat the Stealers and go deep in the playoffs, maybe the SB.

There hadn't been a legit free agent signing since Bryant. No Dalton didn't get the help once the contracts of players who were here before him ran out (the oline, Sanu/MJ etc).

**correction** Sanu/MJ weren't here before him, but the FO never tried to keep them for him.

A probowler hadn't been drafted since 2012 (maybe 2013 can't remember when Eifert was drafted). No Allpro since 2011.

They did nothing to put those playoff teams over the hump. Nothing.

We just had good experienced coaches (which we don't have now on Offense to help Burrow, and again they did nothing to change that).

Unless you are referencing the over-aged linebackers they signed each offseason under Dalton.........

I never heard folks claiming that was building a team around Dalton before now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow." - jj22 - 01-31-2020, 11:57 AM