Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow."
(01-31-2020, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: There hadn't been a legit free agent signing since Bryant. No Dalton didn't get the help once the contracts of players who were here before him ran out (the oline, Sanu/MJ etc).

**correction** Sanu/MJ weren't here before him, but the FO never tried to keep them for him.

A probowler hadn't been drafted since 2012 (maybe 2013 can't remember when Eifert was drafted). No Allpro since 2011.

They did nothing to put those playoff teams over the hump. Nothing.

We just had good experienced coaches (which we don't have now on Offense to help Burrow, and again they did nothing to change that).

Unless you are referencing the over-aged linebackers they signed each offseason under Dalton.........

I never heard folks claiming that was building a team around Dalton before now.

It's not like Bryant was some stud WR though. He was a WR2 to be opposite of Chad. Only two 1000+ yard seasons in his 7 year career.

And some of the LBs the Bengals have signed in the Dalton era really weren't even past their prime. They simply tried to put a square peg into a round hole.
You can't get a guy like Preston Brown or Kevin Minter who has no range and expect him to be a rangy LB.
You also can't expect many rangy LBs to be studs at stuffing the run.
The DL needs to do a better job to remove holes in the running game so that the rangy LBs can go around them or drop back in coverage.

I honestly can't recall a time (since the ML era at least) where the Bengals brought in a Top 10 player at his position via outside FA.
Now you can make the argument that those guys typically don't hit FA because their team retains them, but we see at least a few a year actually hit FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tua's agent: "I hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow." - ochocincos - 01-31-2020, 12:11 PM