Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(01-31-2020, 08:35 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I was trying to Google this very scenario earlier today. I know Burrow would reenter the draft next year if he didn't sign. Would the Bengals have an extra first rounder next year like in baseball or would they lose it?

They would not get an extra 1st round pick the following year.  It would be wasted.  Like Bo Jackson when Tampa Bay drafted him in 1986 and he told them not to. He didn't sign and was drafted the next year by the Raiders. Tampa Bay got no compensation. I suppose the logic is a team makes a draft pick it is their responsibility to sign the player they selected. If they don't manage to do that then that is their problem.

So at that point if the Bengals drafted Burrow and he refused to sign they would still maintain his signing rights in 2020. The only way to recover anything would be to trade those rights to another team. At which point I imagine they would get a significantly lower offer than if they traded the #1OA during the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - George Cantstandya - 01-31-2020, 08:45 PM