Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love Housh, but he just needs to close his pie hole. Trading Burrow for 3 first round picks would be a terrible move.

I get that Bengals ownership is bad, but the "trade Burrow" talk is already beyond stale and was NEVER a good idea for the Bengals.

Lets face it, the media sees a potential star in Burrow, and they don't want him going to a place they rarely talk about.

But in the end, the move would make 0 sense from the Bengals'  perspective. It'd be akin to the Colts trading away Luck.

I'd trade him for the Dolphins first 5 picks in the 2020 draft.

Bengals already made it clear they are never going to be big time players in FA. That means even with Burrow they are 3 years from being able to compete even if they draft well when factoring in FA losses that will occur over that time. (That's a big "if" based off of their drafts lately.) By then, Burrow will want nothing to do with a contract extension.

Sure I would rather the Bengals draft Burrow and then go big time in FA with 2 real good OL and 2 real good LB this offseason, but they're not going to do that... so you need to consider getting as many good picks as possible to allow this bad FO to hopefully land multiple good picks by luck or chance. Just pray they don't Ogbuehi/Ross/Price them all.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You mean the Andrew Luck who the Colts only got 5.5 years out of for the 1st overall pick and $109m because they let him get murdered behind a bad OL?

Why does that sound familiar? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: He's Not a Bengal Until They Draft Him - TheLeonardLeap - 02-02-2020, 04:02 PM