Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.
(02-04-2020, 11:31 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Rush and his show were part of a symptom of a disease, a disease which infected portions of American society about 30 years ago when FCC rules on equal time-sharing for opposing political views were trashed by the Reagan Administration and which has continued unabated since. It is a disease which has encouraged political isolation and insulation and our current trend of "choose-the-news-you-like" under the guise of "free speech", and that, in turn, has been a massive contribution to our partisan and bifurcated society.
Bitterness poisons the person who is bitter, not the person they are bitter at. I think that is why some of these holocaust survivors still survived into their later years: they didn't take that poison. They recognized it for what it is. In a sense, they 'survived' a second time.

I rarely quote Nietzsche, but he did have an appropriate quote about this: “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.”

I think that if you want to fight hatred, bigotry, unfairness, dehumanization, etc., you have to start with yourself and make sure that you do not exhibit that: that you don't become that which profess to hate.

Well said. And not easy to do.  You are a good role model here, B!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer. - Dill - 02-04-2020, 07:07 PM