Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.
(02-05-2020, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, what the hell does this have to do with "free speech"?  Like I said before the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church have also exercised their right to free speech, that does not mean that their message was not disgusting.

Rush is a lying, racist, misogynist, hypocrite, but as long as he says what you want to hear you think he is great. Since you are ashamed to admit that you love his opinions you try to act like you are just supporting "free speech", but that is not the issue at all.  I have not heard one person say that Rush does not have the right to say all that mean crazy shit.  Stop trying to wrap yourself in the flag to defend him.

Just to expand on this a little bit, free speech does not mean that one can say anything and not be held responsible for what they say. The First Amendment does not absolve you of any responsibility for your personal actions. I'm not going to sit here and say Rush said things that should have been restricted, I'm just saying that he is a lying hypocrite and he has to own that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer. - Belsnickel - 02-05-2020, 01:45 PM