Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 01:11 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I just read the latest hobsons choice and he’s saying they dont need to invest more in the offensive line.

I see it as foolish to basically eliminate a 5 starter position Group like the O-line from consideration for a possible "investment" that could make it stronger.

45% of a starting Offense is O-line

23% of all starting positions (offense/defense) is O-line

I would keep an open mind to taking virtually any position at any time in a Draft based on how talented I believed a specific player is relative to what else is available at that point in a Draft while factoring in need as well.

Having preconceived notions that cause the Bengals to overlook a large position Group like the O-line in say the first 3 rounds of a Draft is like tying their hands for no reason instead of letting the Draft play out with an open mind.

Why lessen the number of position options you have to contrast and compare to each other before making each Draft selection ?

Especially if one of the position Groups getting eliminated from consideration is as large as the O-line position Group is.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - depthchart - 02-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM