Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 01:11 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I just read the latest hobsons choice and he’s saying they dont need to invest more in the offensive line. This concerns me. I would like to see a stud guard or tackle added to bolster depth and upgrade the starting lineup. He’s saying to let the young guys continue developing—pointing to the late season emergence of a running game and jonah williams coming on as the starting left tackle.

Does this concern anyone? I dont want to see Burrow get killed. Our line got beat like a drum almost every play last year. I feel like we keep falling victim to this stubborn belief that we should invest in skill players and just roll with who we got on the offensive line.

I like what he says about drafting defense; but am I wrong in thinking we need to upgrade the line with another player or two?

You are definitely not wrong and it is a concern without a doubt if we think we are just hunky dory on the O-line.

Need at least one proven player at RT, RG or LG in FA. Whoever we get has to be a drive blocking O-lineman though.

No more bringing in Lineman that are good at drive blocking and trying to run zone blocking schemes. 

At least Turner learned that the Lineman we do have are much better at drive blocking. Need to add another.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-07-2020, 02:34 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM