Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 09:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mentioned this in the draft thread, I don't think the team sees the issues the same way we do. The big reason is Williams will fix the LT issue and Fred Johnson played well enough to get a shot at RT at the end of the year. Hopkins is the guy at Center and Miller was average but I think they will stay with him another year based on his contract. That really just leaves LG open and I believe they see Jordan as getting better throughout the year. I know the PFF grades by the way, just saying O line is a place coaches all over the league and PFF often disagree. Now say Lewis from LSU is there to start day 3 I don't think that precludes them from using a mid round pick on a value at guard ( or similarly tackle), however I don't think it'll be big assets.

Agreed, I'm also not shocked that the team is "leaking" their lack of intent to invest heavily in OL free agents, through Hobson as their paid spokesman.  The OL did seem to settle in, during the back half of the season.  Fred Johnson does look like an interesting prospect, a fortunate addition to the team.  I don't have much hope for Isaiah Prince to turn into anything special, he was a poor protector and penalty machine in college.  With Hopkins settling in at Center, Jonah to emerge at LT, I think that they are counting on Mike Jordan to take a big step forward at LG.  You seem to think that they will stand pat with MIller at RG, if nothing else just for the sake of continuity.  

Now, if they suddenly move Andy and Cordy Glenn, that would free up around $27M that they would have to spend, somewhere.  If Hobson is saying look for improvements on Defense, we might be able to count on the Bengals being players in the LB market.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - SunsetBengal - 02-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM