Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 04:28 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Paying attention to players' ages and potential drop off in play is certainly something good organizations do. The context of our exchange was him jumping on a guy (as if he was being ludicrous) for saying DL is a need and should be addressed in the first 4 rounds. I don't think it's a stretch for that guy to say that.

At the time of draft that year, I was OK with the Cedric pick, thought the Fischer pick was overkill so we agree to an extent. Whitworth is a significant outlier for maintaining his level of play late into his 30s. For every Whitworth, there are 30+ guys (excluding QB) whose level of play drops steeply after 10 years in the league (if they last that long). It sucks that he left and in hindsight, signing him would have been the better move, but I don't blame the Bengals for trying to find a replacement a year early. 

“Jumping on a guy” LOL

I merely disagreed with him. Last time I checked this place was intended for such discussions...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - Nicomo Cosca - 02-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM