Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
(02-08-2020, 09:27 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Are you telling me there is bias in the media.  Please say it ain’t so!  The media in this country are at minimum incompetent and arguably criminal.  There is no reason for NBC sports to let hack sports writers “speculate” on what Joe Burrow is thinking.  This is not journalism on reporting facts.  Who are they Carnac the mind reader?  Fake news is so true.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Media is nonsense driven, but that's been the case for quite some time. Anyone remember the burning question of who should lead our nation? "Who would you rather have a beer with?" WTF having a beer with had to do with matters of war and peace is anyone's guess. Likeability? it's kind of morphed into "Who would you rather throw down several flights of stairs?" to lead our nation.. There's plenty of people I might want to have a beer with, but that doesn't mean I'd trust any of them with nuclear secrets. My drinking buddies were mostly morons anyway. I damned sure wasn't going to follow them in life altering situations.
There was a time when reporters were respected journalists and a few still exist, but newsrooms now are well understaffed with extremely tight budgets so they end up appealing in large part to the lowest common denominator just to sell whatever it is they're selling. Heck, our local newspaper here would fit into a regular business sized envelope most days. When I was a kid delivering newspapers I lugged huge bundles of paper in one of those big canvas newspaper totes.. Today I could likely carry the entire load of papers in my hip pocket. While my pocket is somewhat larger than it was as a kid it's not THAT much bigger.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here. - grampahol - 02-08-2020, 10:24 AM