Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 09:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Those 4 years resulted in win totals of 6, 7, 6, and 2.  Since you're describing them, as a whole, as "miserable" I'm guessing "fun" to mean a greatly increased win total and/or playoffs.

To each their own, but I don't see it without a huge spluge in free agency. Barring the addition of at least 3 high level signings this team is not at all likely to improve on those totals.

The amount of pressure some of you are putting on a Burrow is absolutely insane. I don't think the idea that this year is guaranteed to be an improvement, and is taken as fact, is at all logical.

We've literally done nothing, or shown anything other than inhertiting the #1 pick, a reward for being the absolute worst team in the league. Adding this kid, with no other major changes, doesn't bode well for immediate results.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much either. An upgrade at QB will help, but until Jonah Williams actually plays and plays well he's a big question mark. AJ Green, if the team signs him, is also a question mark. Last season everyone was excited about Jonah Williams being drafted and AJ coming back and that all went exactly nowhere.

This off-season needs to be out of the park for the team return to the playoffs. I look at the roster and see the need for 2 new LBers (others will say we don't need because the team only fields 2 LBers half the time), but players get injured and we could be right back where we are now if only one upgrade is brought in. More speed and better coverage is needed in the secondary, both NTs are free agents, Dunlap and Atkins are aging, WR has only two starting caliber players and one (AJ) hasn't played in a year and half, the OGs just need better players. And then there's RT. I guess the team will live or die on who's better, a never-done-well waste basket find or a practice squad pickup.

Then there's the coaching staff. They seemed to improve some as the year went on, but the competition also got weaker. I honestly don't know if the first half was better or the second half. In the first half they played better teams, but sucked horribly at it winning zero games. In the second half of the season they only played two teams with winning records and managed to only win two games, which is really f'n bad. At the rate this coaching staff is learning how to do it right it'll take a decade for them to figure out how to have a winning season and by then almost all of these players will be long gone.

All the signals coming from Hobspin, Tobin and the team indicate the team doesn't see any need to change how it tries to win and since it hasn't been winning I really don't see how doing the same things that didn't win are going to suddenly make a winner.

My confidence in this team is well below where it was at this time last year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - BengalChris - 02-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM