Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 09:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mentioned this in the draft thread, I don't think the team sees the issues the same way we do. The big reason is Williams will fix the LT issue and Fred Johnson played well enough to get a shot at RT at the end of the year. Hopkins is the guy at Center and Miller was average but I think they will stay with him another year based on his contract. That really just leaves LG open and I believe they see Jordan as getting better throughout the year. I know the PFF grades by the way, just saying O line is a place coaches all over the league and PFF often disagree. Now say Lewis from LSU is there to start day 3 I don't think that precludes them from using a mid round pick on a value at guard ( or similarly tackle), however I don't think it'll be big assets.

I think you are right in saying that the team don't see the needs the same way we do but it's also worth remembering that they looked at trading up in the second for an extra lineman last draft.

Whilst we've added Jordan (4th round) and Fred Johnson (waivers) since then we've also lost Boling (retirement) and Glenn's gone on concussion strike.

I think they feel like they're in a position where they don't have to draft O-line but if the opportunity arises in the second round again to upgrade (and this year they won't need to trade up to do so) then they'll pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 02-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM