Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-10-2020, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 5 years we have spent three first round picks and one second round on the offensive line.  We have also traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

The front office obviously realizes how important the o-line is.  They just can't pick the right players.  With the resources we have spent on it we should have a very good O-line right now.
I won't fault the front office for trying as the oline has been reeling since the departure of Big Whit and Zeitler. I understand their reasoning as why they let Whitworth go, they assumed at his age his production was due to drop off; I still don't know why they let Zeitler walk, maybe they thought he wasn't worth the cash Cleveland threw at him. We have had bad luck trying to fill the holes left behind ever since with draft picks that haven't worked out and low tier free agents such as Jerry and Hart. The good OT we did bring in has been disgruntled, hurt and acts like he doesn't want to be here. The only choice is to keep drafting and hope to get some "hits" instead of "misses" and maybe try to bring in some better FA's other than the likes of John Jerry and Bobbie Hart. We need Jonah to come in and live up to round he was picked in and Price to start producing at the professional level but time is quickly running out on Billy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - BrownAssClown - 02-10-2020, 03:38 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM