Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 09:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mentioned this in the draft thread, I don't think the team sees the issues the same way we do. The big reason is Williams will fix the LT issue and Fred Johnson played well enough to get a shot at RT at the end of the year. Hopkins is the guy at Center and Miller was average but I think they will stay with him another year based on his contract. That really just leaves LG open and I believe they see Jordan as getting better throughout the year. I know the PFF grades by the way, just saying O line is a place coaches all over the league and PFF often disagree. Now say Lewis from LSU is there to start day 3 I don't think that precludes them from using a mid round pick on a value at guard ( or similarly tackle), however I don't think it'll be big assets.

I agree with this and who knows but the plan last year was to move Glenn inside to LG so honestly with Williams back at LT glenn LG Hopkins in the middle and billy price and miller and Jordan fight for the right guard spot with Fred Johnson at RT I see us as much improved
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - SadFaceBengal15 - 02-10-2020, 05:50 PM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM