Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line?
(02-07-2020, 01:11 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I just read the latest hobsons choice and he’s saying they dont need to invest more in the offensive line. This concerns me. I would like to see a stud guard or tackle added to bolster depth and upgrade the starting lineup. He’s saying to let the young guys continue developing—pointing to the late season emergence of a running game and jonah williams coming on as the starting left tackle.

Does this concern anyone? I dont want to see Burrow get killed. Our line got beat like a drum almost every play last year. I feel like we keep falling victim to this stubborn belief that we should invest in skill players and just roll with who we got on the offensive line.

I like what he says about drafting defense; but am I wrong in thinking we need to upgrade the line with another player or two?

If the Bengals add any OL from FA or the draft the FA additions will be on the cheaper side and in the draft the later rounds, especially if someone slips to the 4th or 5th rounds they like. 

I would like the Bengals to add one solid FA addition, maybe not a stud but someone that has played at a high level and isn't ranked below 50 for PFF. If no additions are made to the OL and Burrow comes here, chances are he will do the exact same thing Palmer and Dalton have done in their down years, run for their life. Jonah will help the left side but him alone coming back won't resolve the issues at guard or the RT spots. They need another solid body in there. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons choice: no need to invest more in the offensive line? - MEBengalsFan - 02-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Investment in offensive line - fredtoast - 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Nati#1 - 02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: Investment in offensive line - Joelist - 02-11-2020, 02:18 AM