Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(02-25-2020, 07:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like Joe Burrow and would not be upset if the Bengals picked him first in the draft. However, I still think the Bengals should keep Dalton one more year and pick Chase Young as the top draft pick. The first comment is defense wins championships. Chase is a beast and would secure the defense for many years to come. I guess I am asking for patience in getting a QB later. Being a Buckeye fits right in with the team. Either way the Bengals go would be okay with me.

After watching Ohio State play my 2 words on Chase Young are OVER RATED.   I don't even think he is the best defensive player on Ohio State.  THE Ohio State Buckeyes are very good at getting out the media hype.  Billy Price was suppose to be the best Center ever.  Big Daddy Wilkenson was suppose to be NFL Hall Of Fame all the way.  

This isn't rocket science.  The pick is the Heisman winner that broke NCAA passing and scoring records.  Plus he can run the hurry up and won big games in the last 2 minutes which Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees did in college big games, run the 2 minute drill.  Joe Heisman scores points and the Bengals don't.  In today's NFL you need to put points on the board.  You will win darn few games scoring 10 or 14 points when NFL teams are scoring 30, 40, 50 and on good defenses. 

Another reason to draft Joe Heisman is Paul Brown Stadium is empty.  MONEY is a big part of PRO Football.  Right now nobody will be buying season tickets to see the worst team in the NFL.   However drafting Joe Heisman could be the biggest selling NFL Jersey this summer and Sell Some Tickets and Put Fans In The Stands. 

Also the Bengals have Atkins and Dunlap on the D Line.  Edge Rusher is not their biggest need.  O Line and Linebacker are.  However in a few weeks both AJ Green and Dalton will probably be on other teams in Free Agency and the Bengals won't really mind freeing up the 2 biggest salary cap hits and they are unsigned for this very reason.  The worst team in the NFL is ready for a complete make over going into a new decade.  Enter Joe Heisman. 

Not only will Bengals draft Joe Heisman but he will start the first game in September.  He will not ride the bench like Carson Palmer which was Marvin's first mistake as new coach. These rookies learn nothing on the bench.  Carson still had to make all his rookie mistakes his second year. 

At one point I bought into the Chase Young hype.  NOW is the time to draft the Franchise Quarterback of the Roaring 20's Decade.  Boomer has said to take Burrow and I think Carson said it also.  

The Bengals score no points, and Joe Heisman will score more points and put more Fans & Money in the stands than the Ohio State edge rusher. Against the AFC North, the Bengals will need a Franchise Quarterback since Baltimore and Cleveland already have good young Quarterbacks. The Bengals need to draft one and then the Steelers or they both will get left behind.

The NFL RULES changed everything. Maybe you use to win with 14 points and Defense. Not any more. Teams are putting up 30, 40, 50 points and against good defenses. If the Bengals continue to score 14 points, they may never win another game. The Bengals were right to bring in new coaches. Now they need to bring in new players. Mahomes and others are showing this is a whole new NFL. WE NEED JOE HEISMAN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - kevin - 02-25-2020, 03:43 PM