Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants release LB Ogletree and Martin
(02-26-2020, 03:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ogletree can cover there’s inconsistent reports on him and his coverage ability.  5 picks 2 returned for scores in 2018 is not because he cant cover.  He’s better than any backer we have on the roster right now....let’s bring him In.  Our linebackers our terrible.  Ogletree is an upgrade.  Y not upgrade a poor position group.  Probably get him for a bengal price.

Sounds great to me, bring Ogletree in.

(02-26-2020, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could it be that Ogletree had superb coverage season in 2018, because he had Donald and Suh playing in front of him?

And I'm sure that his decline in New York last season had less to do with him personally, than the situation he was in.  NY was a bad team, all of their offensive stars were injured, they struggled to score points.  We know from watching the Bengals that when offenses fail to score points, turn the ball over often and have a high percentage of 3 and outs, the defense is going to look much worse than it actually is because they never get off the damn field.

All good points Sunset, maybe he can return to his 2018 form with Geno, Dunlap, Hubbard and company playing in front of him?

Plus with Burrow and hopefully an improved O-line we should get back to scoring lots of points.

I say bring in Ogletree, seems like this would be a no brainer signing. Dude got cut, he should be relatively cheap.

Cheaper than Trevathan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Giants release LB Ogletree and Martin - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-26-2020, 07:36 PM