Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(02-27-2020, 08:41 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Believe me for any european, this video is insane.

40 bucks to hold your own child at birth ??

I haven't watched the video yet but I have some experience with the cost of healthcare having had two preemies.

The first spent two months in the NICU.  The second spent two months in the NICU AND my wife developed a bleeding liver due to complications and spent two weeks in ANOTHER hospital after having emergency surgery the night after the c-section (also an emergency).

Long story short we both maxed out our insurances both times (this would have been 1998 and 2002) however because our children were underweight we received the "gold card" from the state that covered most of the rest of the medical bills.  About $500,000 for the first one and over $1 for the second with both of them.  (I'm estimating.  I have the printouts still stored away somewhere.) 

We were part of the lucky ones.

But I learned a lot about how hospitals charge and the one that will forever stick in my craw is that they charge for oxygen by the quarter hour.  You know, just in case you pass during the hour.

Again, we were fortunate both in coverage and that our kids didn't have any setbacks or side effects from the ordeal.  And they got GREAT care.  But not everyone is that lucky and the experiences showed us how easily a medical emergency can destroy a family's finances.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - GMDino - 02-27-2020, 10:11 AM