Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dre K really worth much in trade?
(03-04-2020, 09:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think Slay is out, I think it comes down to how bad does Detroit want him gone. We saw Bouye go for a mid round 4th, if Detroit will take pick 65 for Slay sign me up.

I think Chris Harris on a two year deal would be a good move especially since he prefers to play out of the slot but can play outside. I kind of guess he will want to play for a contender though as his career is towards the end. 

If we are looking at second tier options a guy like Bradley Roby could be had after a solid year in Houston or maybe a another step down in Logan Ryan out of TEN. 

I think we add a CB in the draft either way so a veteran option is more likely a stop gap for a year, or maybe two, for Phillips and the rookie to get ready to go.

The Lions have that much cap wrapped up in Slay huh? I guess it is a possibility then, wow.

Would love any of Chris Harris or Bradley Roby, then re-sign Dennard. If we cannot get one of these two Ryan would be an 
alright option. Like you said until Phillips is ready to go as I think he is the future. Some are talking him down on here a bit 
which surprises me, dude is a gamechanger, always has been. If he can grow into a good tackler the sky is the limit.

(03-04-2020, 09:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: The turnover thing is something we need to look at across the defense. Phillips in 8 games last year had 4 interceptions, he needs to be starting somewhere on the defense next year. That is more than William Jackson has had his whole career, that is as many as Dre has had in the last 5 years, and that is more than Dennard has had his whole career. 

A lot can be forgiven if you have a nose for the ball and get turnovers. Marcus Peters is not a great cover corner but Baltimore went out and got him because he gets turnovers and he did not disappoint when he got to the Ravens. 

Yes, cannot discount turnovers. Phillips has a knack for the ball.

(03-04-2020, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ryan I think is a last resort but he can get turnovers, I'd like to see them look maybe a tier higher. I'm not a fan of Apple because he doesn't get turnovers and that is something I think we desperately need in order to turn the defense around. Bradly Roby is a lower tier CB I'd be interest in.

I mean if we want to get crazy and throw 16 Million at Byron Jones I wouldn't complain. While he isn't a turnover machine he is a really high end cover guy. If you can have William Jackson as your 2nd best corner and let Phillips play out of the slot and sag off his guy and jump routes the back end could be really good. 

All good ideas, Byron Jones is a bit spendy though.

(03-04-2020, 10:20 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Listened to Paul Dehner Jr's podcast (Hear that podcast growlin) on the way into work this morning. Nothing earth shattering, but they touched on Dalton, Glenn, and free agency. They seem to think the Bengals' free agency priority will be:

1- CB - Said they think it's their top priority. I found that to be surprising. They think Dre will be cut when they sign a guy. Noted there are LOTS of good quality corners available but they are older. Most of the good ones they'd likely target are in their early 30s/upper 20s. They pointed to Logan Ryan as someone they may target, noting he's a very good slot corner who is also good on the outside.

2- LB - Said they'd be surprised if Schobert is signed due to money and the value not being there. They thought Blake Martinez is too inconsistent and that Nick Kwiakoski is someone they'll likely target.

3- DL - They didn't list any examples this time, but they've said before the DT market could be a buyer's market this year.

Interesting, I can see CB and LB but haven't thought of DL much at all this Offseason besides Derek Wolfe. What are some of 
the other D-lineman out there in FA I wonder?

Personally I think we ought to go OL over DL in FA and that would open up the Draft more and we could go for a guy like 
Blacklock at 33 if we wanted.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Dre K really worth much in trade? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-04-2020, 03:01 PM