Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dre K really worth much in trade?
(03-05-2020, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you think that this is the year for Darius Phillips to step up and assume a greater role?  I get that in his two seasons, he hasn't been on the field extensively.  But, in the limited amount of snaps he has played, he's shown some pretty good football instincts and been quite productive.

I also get that the Bengals put a ton of stock into 1st round CBs.  However the last 3 that they have taken in the 1st round, just haven't lived up to the hype.  Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson just aren't even close to being as productive as Joseph and Hall were.  But, when you look around NFL rosters, I see productive Corners coming from all rounds of the draft.  I'm not ready to lump our corners in with other draft flops like Fisher and Ogbuehi, but that's a lot of 1st round picks that didn't turn into perennial stars.  Either the Bengals should reevaluate their approach to the draft, or take a hard look at their talent elvaluators.

Agreed.  Playing these guys in zone was a waste of 1st round picks...Play them in man, as that is what they are best at anyways.  It is so odd how good and how poor the secondary can look from time to time, but of late it has mostly been poor.  

I like Phillips and certainly believe it is his time, but I still shudder to think what happens if just one of Dennard, WJIII, or Phillips would go down. 

Perhaps the best course of action is have Dre renegotiate, but I'm not sure he would.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Dre K really worth much in trade? - SHRacerX - 03-06-2020, 08:37 AM