Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-06-2020, 05:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Expensive locations? The Grand Hotel wasn't expensive and it was a block away from where they needed to be.
Of course the SS is optional for Adult children, but be honest, if it was your kids and they were going to a foreign country, would you want yours protected or not? I think many parents would chose Yes to that question.

Why they are going has no bearing on that decision.

As I pointed out, the SS is doing a terrible job with the paperwork and it's causing trouble. Do you agree with that?

Sure there's lots of things he could do so save money. Why don't we all stay home on the weekends and eat Ramen Noodles instead of going out and save lots of money? Because that's not how we are wired. We do things we enjoy. In Trump's case being at his personal home and golfing, and his home has plenty of space for guests.

Whether or not the adult children of the President should accept protection is secondary to whether or not it is acceptable to make the secret service pay a premium for their lifestyle. 

Your defense of Trump taking frequent weekend trips that cost the tax payers millions of dollars is odd considering you complained about the Obamas taking occasional family vacations in this same thread. And it needs to be noted that while you're saying "plenty of room for guests" they're charging the government for those rooms...

I also don't know whether or not the secret service is doing a bad job with paperwork or whether they are being directed to falsify reports. Either way, that's also secondary to the question of the Trump family purposefully making money off them. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - BmorePat87 - 03-09-2020, 07:30 AM