Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-11-2020, 01:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you arguing Full Repub backing vs Voter backing vs Party line? That's 3 different things.

Quite a few Repubs  have made it clear they don't like Trump, but they will still vote along party lines.

Didn't all 45 (+5 Repubs) Senate Democrats vote not guilty for Clinton when he was going thru his Impeachment Trial and it resulted in an Acquittal? So don't feed me that line of BS about Dems being any different. They still followed the party line just like the Repubs did (except for Romney).

And I have no Doubt they would have with Hillary if was the one doing this.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't find the Clinton and Trump impeachments as comparable when one involved an egregious abuse of power and one was for perjury about a blowjob. I mean, I would have voted guilty in both instances, but trying to compare those two when discussing toeing the party line is a tough sell.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - Belsnickel - 03-11-2020, 02:07 PM