Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
(04-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not going to hold the sins of JaMarcus Russell over Joe Burrow!  

You're absolutely right about Tua Tagovailoa and his lack of durability.  I like the way he plays but in the modern NFL one must draft durable players.  Both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert are better options than Tua Tagovailoa with Burrow being the obvious preferred pick.

While LSU QBs haven't fared well in the recent era, guys like Russell, Mettenberger, and Flynn, largely because their offensive style didn't fully prepare QBs for the NFL.  Historically, LSU has turned out a few good ones, Bert Jones and Y.A. Tittle for example.  I fully believe that had Flynn or Metenberger had the chance to play in the wide open style adopted by coach Ed Ogeron while in college, they would have fared much better in the NFL.  I also feel like had Burrow won the starting role at OSU, and continued to play under Urban Meyer's offense, he would not have been as NFL ready as he is now.  He would have been asked to run more in the read option, and not developed his vision, timing and accuracy nearly as much as he did at LSU.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - Jpoore - 04-03-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Haven’t posted mock in a while. - SunsetBengal - 04-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - JSR18 - 04-16-2020, 10:33 PM