Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
(04-08-2020, 07:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you forced me to pick a QB this year, the top 3 for me in order of likelihood of succeeding at the NFL level are:
1) Joe Burrow
2) Tua Tagovailoa
3) Jake Fromm

Herbert, Love, Eason, and Hurts all have some good traits but have some pretty big things to improve on before becoming successful franchise QBs.

As a lefty, I will always go in on the lefty. 

Tua's game is awesome.  He sees the field, anticipates, makes every throw with great accuracy, is fearless and tough.  But the injury history--and it's not just an injury or two--it's one that casts a shadow on his future prospects and an annual history of injuries.

I've never felt it was fair to blame a player for being injured or call someone made of glass because it seems to me injuries are, unless a guy is way our of shape or something like that, injuries are mostly luck of the draw...your leg was there instead of here, wrong place, wrong time, etc.

But you can't look at Tua without seeing that neon red flag.  Some guys have injury history and then get to the pros and it goes away.  But they are the minority.  History says a guy injured a lot in college will be injured a lot in the pros.

Taking him is a bold move.  If he pans out, he probably pans out big.  But if not, now you may have set your franchise back years.

As I said before, it makes me very happy we don't have to make that choice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - Jpoore - 04-03-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Haven’t posted mock in a while. - McC - 04-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - JSR18 - 04-16-2020, 10:33 PM