Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
Maybe we’ve been looking at this all wrong. We all know the media hates the Bengals. And Tua’s agent even came out and said he hopes the Bengals fall in love with someone else. What if that’s what the media was doing the whole time? First, they build up Burrow, let him have the best season a college QB has ever had. Then, they create the whole, “Burrow doesn’t want to play in Cincy!” narrative to get fans riled up and wanting Burrow here. Then they send in a few voices of reason like Schefter and Kiper to say, “no, no, he really is the best and Cincy is lucky to have the opportunity to draft him” and “he wants to play there they are making good moves” to seal the deal. Then, they tell everyone about how Miami is contemplating some massive offer because they want him so bad, making us think even more that he really is #1 material. Meanwhile, Tua, the actual best player in the draft, just sits there, falling to a team they’d much rather have him on. Sounds like conspiracy to me.

Honestly, I wish Tua didn’t have the injury history he has. I think the competition between Burrow and Tua would have been incredibly close. The combine could have been really interesting to see if either of them decided to workout. At that point, you are deciding between someone who had the best college season a QB ever had, or a QB who has been more consistently good during his college career. It’s a tough call. In reality though, Tua does have the injury history, and we can’t pass up the opportunity to draft a guy with as much franchise potential as Joe Burrow for someone who may or may not be able to play an entire NFL season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - Jpoore - 04-03-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Haven’t posted mock in a while. - BengalsFan1986 - 04-13-2020, 10:19 AM
Haven’t posted mock in a while. - JSR18 - 04-16-2020, 10:33 PM