Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 07:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why Higgins over Mims? Didn’t Higgins have a terrible pro day and then choose not to test at the combine?

Higgins is a star on tape. Mims is a star in underpants.

I see Higgins is A.J. Green lite.

get why people like Mims. He had decent production in college, he ran a 4.38 40 and has great size.

... But I watch him and I just don't see him getting consistent separation. He uses a very subtle push off a lot right before the ball arrives and, while it wasn't called a lot in college, I think NFL refs watch offensive PI a little closer. And he doesn't play up to his 40 time at all. 

He also has a relatively high drop percentage. And I am just, in general, very nervous about major off season risers. How did evaluators watch him at the end of the season and say "3rd or 4th rounder" and then, with no real games played past that point, change their mind to "elite first round prospect" because of a week of practices and a 40 yard run?

Also worth noting: the players he beat at CB at the Senior bowl? ...Not a single day 1 or ( likely) day 2 prospect among them. Troy Pride Jr, Michael Ojemudia, Lamar Jackson, Javaris Davis, Essang Bassey, Terrell Burgess were the CBs on the North team, where Mims made his name in the practices. In the actual game, he played against the South team CBs, who were Kindle Vildor, Dane Jackson, A.J. Green, Reggie Robinson II and Darnay Holmes. Holmes may go in the 3rd round as a slot corner, but the rest are also day 3 corners.

So are we really surprised that Mims did well against future day 3 and undrafted cornerbacks? Honestly, I'm kind of nervous about any WR that became well known because of the Senior Bowl practices. That includes Van Jefferson, K.J. Hill and Anthony Gandy-Golden. All of these guys got a stock bump from the Senior bowl playing against exclusively bad cornerbacks.

Its just too many concerns and weaknesses. I see some mock drafts having the Bengals take him at 33 and I'm just nervous about him replacing AJ. He's a very risky prospect to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - CJD - 04-24-2020, 07:32 AM