Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 09:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have to disagree,, I like multiple analysis on the site below that look at alot.. Jones has mixed grades.. some think he is might not be ready for NFL game 1 to start, others do etc..   the old saying is he fell for a reason and i think that is it.  

And besides the mixed review as starter Day 1 couple that with now you are moving are top 10 pick Williams from his starting left tackle to right tackle.. no way for me.. I want Williams protecting Burrow for the future.. 

How do we justify moving what is projected as our best lineman away from the most important line position to protect a right handed QB especially a rookie who might need and take more time to throw.....

I prefer to either take Baun from Wisconsin or if no consensus pick.. trade back ( some people act like the draft is over after 35 or so picks.. crazy)... there we get extra pick in  probably /3/4 range and i would focus on  a true right tackle and draft Peart OT from Conn either later 2nd or if you feel he will be there in 3rd....

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/josh-jones/EdwZbsWiZA 

Just because you draft Josh Jones, doesn't mean he's going to start at LT. We already have our starter in Williams. If they drafted an OT in general, he would be competing for both OT spots. He would likely back up Left Tackle, and possibly start at Right Tackle.

I don't claim to know as much as the coaches and scouts do. If there's a reason to pass on Josh Jones, by all means. I'd be okay with either trading back for another offensive lineman, or picking the best edge player available. Baun could fit the bill as a guy that can cover and rush the passer. I'd get on board with that pick.

A lot of people are saying they want a wideout here. I'm not convinced it's a glaring need. We have 3 starters already. We have depth behind them. If we pick a WR he likely doesn't play much this year. If thats the case--and this receiver class is so deep--I say wait until round 4 or 5 to draft one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - Bengalstripes9 - 04-24-2020, 10:07 AM