Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  You can't burn a second round pick as insurance for a guy you just gave $18 million.

Still take at least one or even two WRs later in the draft that have the potential to develop into NFL starters.  I still see it as a position of need, but the reason we franchised Green is so that we would not have to use a high pick on WR this year (hopefully)

Sure you can.  A second round contract is a fraction of AJ Green's franchise money or an extension.  Ditto Ross.  It isn't insurance.  It is planning for next year with a guy that can make an immediate impact on offense.  Look at how many weapons KC has on offense.  The Bengals have a lot of similar players at WR outside Green and Ross, both of who have been oft-injured and Ross has been inconsistent.  

As I mentioned earlier, the drop off behind Mims, Higgins, and Claypool for WRs that can line up all over and have all the tools is significant.  Not so for LB or Guard and I don't see Jones necessarily taking the job of Hart/Johnson.  Say he starts at RG.  Is he a huge upgrade over XSF?  Would we use the #33 pick overall on a guard with a lot of question marks?  I would not.  Mims was a standout at the Senior Bowl week and has every tool.  Players like that usually require a first round pick and an early one.  We can get a LB in Rd 3.  Lots available.  We can get a G in Rd 4.  Still plenty there.  WR is different.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - SHRacerX - 04-24-2020, 11:00 AM