Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
I know the team needs and LB is certainly one of them but I just have a very strong inclination the next pick will be one that supports Burrow be it on the OL or a WR. If trading down a few slots (not too many) can yield another 3rd or 4th that would be the first preference. Jones is very enticing but I just feel you can wait to pick up quality OL in later rounds. Bryan Edwards and Van Jefferson should be available in round 3 and both are extremely solid WRs if the Bengals do go OL in round 2. The only route runner better in the draft than Van Jefferson is Jerry Jeudy so he would be my preference.

I said it in an earlier thread a few weeks ago that the guy I run to the podium for if he slips out of round 1 is Tee Higgins so that's where I feel the Bengals should go. I get the lack of physicality and elite speed but AJ Green didn't have elite speed either. What stands out with Higgins is the same thing I saw from Green when he was playing at Georgia and it's how he goes to get the ball and how he makes the extremely tough catches. Mims and Pittman are certainly physical specimens with better speed than Higgins. I'm always guy shy of Baylor WRs (I know it was a different system under Ruhle) and the Big 12 minus 2 does not exactly play great defense. I know less about Pittman other than what I've ready since the PAC 12 bores me so I rarely watch. Claypool has enormous upside but he would appears to be more of a project. Higgins has the clout and just appears to be the the best WR available. Clemson WRs have done quite well in the NFL so take Higgins and Burrow will certainly be appreciative.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - BigRed75 - 04-24-2020, 11:59 AM