Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I said, not true with zone blocking because the motion depending which way the run goes is the same LT or RT. In terms of pass protection it can but it depends if they are kick setting or like LA run blocking the pass sets. Not many teams do the traditional deep kick set anymore and even if you do it’s not nearly as difficult as batting opposite, more like throwing a punch with left versus right.

He played RG at the senior bowl perfectly comfortable which would be the same motions as RT with no issue.

I guess I'll take the line coach's word for it and assume that a guy isn't going to seamlessly adjust to switching sides after playing 4 years on the left side.  I[m not concerned about his run blocking from that side,.

If that's who we take, I hope he can make the switch.  If all the toughest about him being raw despite starting 4 years are true, we may have bigger problems than just switching sides.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - Hammerstripes - 04-24-2020, 12:44 PM