Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 03:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Where are people getting the Josh Jones to Cedric Ogbuehi comparison? They are nothing alike.

Both O-lineman who went to college in Texas is the best I've got.

(01-01-1970, 01:24 AM)masonbengals fan.32308' Wrote: Jones or Baun for me. As much as I want that line solidified, LB is a huge need.

This might be controversial but I believe OL is a bigger need in the 2nd than LB. They certainly need depth at LB (which can be addressed later) but I'm more comfortable with Bynes starting at LB than both Jordan and Su'a-Filo starting at guard. People may say Josh Jones hasn't played RG but I think these two have only played 4 games at RG between them.

(04-24-2020, 10:07 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Just because you draft Josh Jones, doesn't mean he's going to start at LT. We already have our starter in Williams. If they drafted an OT in general, he would be competing for both OT spots. He would likely back up Left Tackle, and possibly start at Right Tackle.

I don't claim to know as much as the coaches and scouts do. If there's a reason to pass on Josh Jones, by all means. I'd be okay with either trading back for another offensive lineman, or picking the best edge player available. Baun could fit the bill as a guy that can cover and rush the passer. I'd get on board with that pick.

A lot of people are saying they want a wideout here. I'm not convinced it's a glaring need. We have 3 starters already. We have depth behind them. If we pick a WR he likely doesn't play much this year. If thats the case--and this receiver class is so deep--I say wait until round 4 or 5 to draft one.

The plan with Jones would surely be for him to start at RG and switch outside in a year or two's time. A tackle who can develop at guard before moving outside (like Whitworth did when he was taken in the 2nd round) is absolutely ideal and hits both our short and long term needs.

(04-24-2020, 12:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’d rather have Mims, the Bengals need WR depth. Did you see the WR situation last year ? Lol

I've got Mims as 1b (behind Josh Jones) so I wouldn't be disappointed but I'm not sure your logic holds up. Did you see the OT situation last year? Did you see the LB situation last year?

This is where we could really do with moving Dalton for a 3rd round pick (hey Pats and Jags - you still need a QB and have spare picks). I think there should still be a WR at 65 (Mims, Higgins, Shenault, Edwards, Pittman, Claypool, maybe Hamler and maybe someone like Peoples-Jones or Hodgins goes higher than some of those dropping one of those 6 down - that's an awful lot of WRs to burn through in 31 picks). So an additional third rounder to address linebacker would be awfully handy here but apparently the sweet spot in this draft for LB is around the 5th round where there are plenty of players who, whilst they may not star, could well help. Maybe we could even get an edge rusher first then double dip at LB?

My best case scenario is

33. Josh Jones
65. WR
Trade for Dalton - Edge
107. LB
147. LB
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 04-24-2020, 01:41 PM