Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Round Projections Available at #33
(04-24-2020, 10:07 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Just because you draft Josh Jones, doesn't mean he's going to start at LT. We already have our starter in Williams. If they drafted an OT in general, he would be competing for both OT spots. He would likely back up Left Tackle, and possibly start at Right Tackle.

I don't claim to know as much as the coaches and scouts do. If there's a reason to pass on Josh Jones, by all means. I'd be okay with either trading back for another offensive lineman, or picking the best edge player available. Baun could fit the bill as a guy that can cover and rush the passer. I'd get on board with that pick.

A lot of people are saying they want a wideout here. I'm not convinced it's a glaring need. We have 3 starters already. We have depth behind them. If we pick a WR he likely doesn't play much this year. If thats the case--and this receiver class is so deep--I say wait until round 4 or 5 to draft one.

This. If we were coming off an 11-5 season and just looking to keep the ball rolling, sure...draft a WR for the future.

Coming off a 2-14 season and looking for immediate success? We have to fill immediate needs, of which we have plenty that are more glaring than WR.

Of course, this doesn't mean we can't look for a WR later. But our 2nd rounder should be starting in 2020.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Round Projections Available at #33 - Shake n Blake - 04-24-2020, 01:53 PM