Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pence staff threatens action against reporter
(05-04-2020, 12:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Either he knew the policy and refused to wear a mask or he didn't know and didn't follow CDC recommendations.

1) If he didn't know it is up to the Mayo Clinic to educate visitors of their masking policy.

2) If he did know, but refused to mask it is still up to the Mayo Clinic to enforce their policy when visitors are non-compliant. Even VIPs.

From experience, I can almost all but guarantee a hospital administrator waived Mayo's policy for the VP or more likely just looked the other way rather than confront the VP for not wearing a mask.

If you're average citizens walked in off the street to visit a family member at the Mayo Clinic, do you think the Mayo Clinic would allow them to walk around without a mass?

Walk around without a mass, no I don't think so, the laws of gravity would not apply and he might not so much walk as float around uncontrollably. Sorry. I don't know why I did that. I agree with the statement and it was part of my own point.

As for the rest, I believe your almost guarantee, I'd guess this is what happened, though I would not know for certain of course. I have a slight issue with point 1) beacuse as the top person responsible for fighting the epidemic it is unacceptable to not know to wear a mask in hospital.

I have a bigger issue if the clinic's misdeed is set on par with Pence's misdeed. No matter what, it would have been in Pence's sole power to avoid that situation and he chose not to for whatever reason. I have my guesses why. That the clinic might have done wrong too does nothing to diminish the blame Pence deserves, and imho it's not equally noteworthy either. One is the VP, the other ones potentially intimidated clinic staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pence staff threatens action against reporter - hollodero - 05-04-2020, 01:07 PM