Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pence staff threatens action against reporter
(05-04-2020, 01:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I understand, but Pence is a politician not a healthcare provider.  He is following the advice of his health advisors.  I know from experience and from studies people remember about 35% of their doctor's advice correctly.  He may not have understood the advice, he may have recalled the advice incorrectly, or he may have flat out refused.  But, to his credit, he has stated he should have worn a mask after the fact.

I gave him said credit. But my money is on option number three, he refused or at least willfully decided against the mask in the first place. By all means, I get that Pence is not a medical expert, but forgetting to wear a mask in a hospital would mean he did not grasp the most basic elements of fighting a pandemic, and this cannot quite be the case for the person responsible for fighting it. Especially when everyone around you wears one.

I'd rather guess it was a deliberate gesture, in line with the attempts of Trump world to be their own opposition on all the Corona measures. An attempt that did not play out well. The alternative to deliberation would be that Pence is an utterly incompetent and mindless person. Which one is worse, I don't know. But no matter what, I find it hard to excuse - except, credit again, for the fact that he himself showed remorse. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pence staff threatens action against reporter - hollodero - 05-04-2020, 08:10 PM