Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will Republicans distance themselves from Trump in the future?
(05-05-2020, 11:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Incumbents have a pretty good advantage. It usually takes significantly bad economic conditions to oust them. I think he will ultimately side with the economy over lives because of this. 

I think Biden needs to just hammer home how inept Trump's Covid response has been. 

That's certainly part of it, but if the pandemic gets in the way of field operations, things get pretty complicated.  It's nearly impossible to win Florida with out a ton of money invested and heavy ground game.  However, it's polling tightly right now.  It's a tempting target, but would be a huge drain on resources if he were to lose it.  If Trump loses Florida, it's practically over for him.  

If Trump keeps pushing the idea of re-opening and the cost in terms of infection and human life is heavy in the elderly population, I wonder how many seniors will still be overly enthusiastic about supporting a president who gambled with their lives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How will Republicans distance themselves from Trump in the future? - samhain - 05-06-2020, 12:56 AM