Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As first deadline approaches, Biden and Trump camps begin a delicate transition dance
(05-06-2020, 03:37 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't think Trump wins re-election.

That would require a "perfect storm" of circumstances--Biden has a stroke, Trump wins a land war in Asia (NK? Iran?), COV-19 doesn't return in October, and election interference from abroad works again.  

But if he does win, then I want to go on the record now saying that Trump will not finish his second term: he will be impeached again, and this time it will stick; or he will resign under pressure, disgrace, and "health concerns." He won't stop breaking the rules, and as he continues, successive fractions of his support will peel away, recognizing that breaking the rules is breaking the government, breaking the county--and that explodes everyone's head, not just liberals. Trump supporters won't vote for a Democrat (because of Benghazi and the "Russian Hoax"), but they won't vote for him.

(05-06-2020, 01:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: What do you base this assumption on?

Imho the only factor is if the senate stays red. If it does, I see nothing of that sort happen.

He definitely does more impeachable things if he wins reelection. With regards to Hollodero's question, some Senators walked a thin line and suggested the upcoming election would serve as a more appropriate means of deciding if the President should stay in office.

With no election, do some of those Senators put up with blatant corruption? It's a tall order, and I don't see 15 of them doing the right thing unless it's really bad, but who knows. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: As first deadline approaches, Biden and Trump camps begin a delicate transition dance - BmorePat87 - 05-06-2020, 02:04 PM
RE - hollodero - 05-07-2020, 09:15 PM