Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Football This Season!
(05-07-2020, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The studies that I saw said that it lasted on certain surfaces for as little 90 seconds, but this website says that sunlight can kill it even faster:

[url=At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.][/url]

I'm not wanting to go off topic too much but that is about surfaces. As in an infected droplet is on say a doorknob.   So surface time is secondary, say you touch that doorknob after an infected person touched it with unclean hands.  That's why hand washing is so important as well as not touching your face.

The problem with Covid-19 is that is often a person to person infection.  Say you are fairly close to someone infected and they laugh, cough or even talk where some some spittle comes out , it takes much less than 30 seconds for those respiratory droplets to reach you and potentially expose you. The sun isn't going to do much in that case.

Let me ask you.. Would you be comfortable sitting inches away between two people that have Covid-19 on a warm sunny day?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - George Cantstandya - 05-07-2020, 10:14 PM