Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The National Review defends Bernie on rape essay
(05-30-2015, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I brought up by replying to you mentioning it?

Of course the definition of words are important; however, the petty focus on one word becomes rediculous (spelled wrong on purpose).

Sanders says things such as "tied up", "on her knees" and "abused". Guess what the debate turns to: "Define abuse". I provide a definition in a sexual "context" which is the "context" of Bernie's paper and suddenly I'm "cherry picking" definitions and the "correct one" that states "mistreat, misuse, use to a bad effect or purpose" is the one I should have used and to some makes a world of difference.

So let me correct myself. Bernie suggested that men get sexually aroused by thinking of the mistreatment of women.

BTW, if it is consensual it is not mistreatment. He never states in the excerpt that we read that men get sexually aroused thinking of consensual sex with women. Or women fantasize about roll playing. he states they fantasize about getting raped.

You are cherry picking a lot,  a lot of women fantasize about being raped, although that doesn't necessarily mean they want to be raped.  Men fantasize of raping though don't necessarily want to actually rape.  Like many have said there is a lot of people that participate in consensual sexual activity that at first glance might seem abusive, but in actuality is not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The National Review defends Bernie on rape essay - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 05-30-2015, 03:57 PM